Thursday, March 10, 2005

It's late...

and I should be asleep, but I haven't posted in so long I thought I should take a minute to do some updating. Not that I'm really sure anyone except my best friend really reads this, but that's okay.

Mason started school last week. I cried the first day. Mason only cried for about 5 minutes. He goes Tuesday and Friday mornings. This last Tuesday I talked with his teacher, Vanessa ("Nessa"), and she said that he is starting to warm up and actually had a pretty good day. He was happy when I picked him up and walked around the room waving and saying bye-bye to all of his new friends. Tomorrow is day 4 and I can only hope that it just continues to get better.

I'm getting larger by the minute, my hands and feet are beginning to swell and I think that I am now truly a waddler. Tums are my lifesavers and I eat them by the handfuls. If not, I'm woken up in the middle of the night, between bathroom visits, by nasty heartburn and acid reflux. Oh yeah, then there is always the foot in the ribs maneuver which Cookie seems to be trying to master before he/she is born. Wolf and I didn't think it was possible that a baby could be more active than Mason was in my stomach, but this one has him beat. It's crazy to think that, although it is still technically 4 1/2 weeks until my due date, I could have this baby at any time. I would like to get to 36 weeks, which will be this next Monday, and then any time this little one wants to come, I'll be ready.

In the meantime, my little boy seems to wake up every morning a different boy. He seems bigger, older and too damn smart for his own good. He is talking up a storm now and is getting better with his sentences. Now we know when he doesn't say something it's not because he can't, it's because he doesn't want to! I was hard on him today because I'm sick, yet again, and feeling like a beached whale. I was short with him and grumpy and it sure does make me feel like a pretty shitty mother. I keep trying to put myself in his little shoes, looking up at this raving lunatic going off the deep end for no reason, and I feel like an ass. Wolf just keeps reminding me that pretty soon he is going to have far better things to do than hang out with us and that I should just enjoy every minute. I try to, I really really do, it's just so damn hard when my body just won't cooperate.

But that's no excuse. I only get to go through Mason's childhood with him once and I want to make sure that he has the best one that he can. No, I'm not perfect and no, I don't have the patience of a saint, but I love that little man beyond words and I can only hope that he somehow knows that.

Well, goodnight and enjoy the newest pictures of Little Buu.

No comments: