Wednesday, June 08, 2005

They say it's your birthday.....

Yes, today is my birthday. 34 years ago today, I escaped from my mother's womb, as Wolf so kindly put it. I've always been a big lover of my birthday. So much so that I would make sure I told people at least one week ahead of time to remind them. It's not the presents part or the getting older. In truth, I'm not sure what it is. It's just a day when I feel all giddy and happy and glad to be alive. It is the celebration of my birth.

But I must say that having two kids kind of takes some of the celebration out of it. Check that, it takes the energy out of the celebration. It's hard to be enthusiastic about a day when you are up at 5:30 and know that the rest of the day is going to be filled with terrible two tantrums and screaming 2 month olds.

All in all, though, I can't complain. I have the love of a most amazing man who makes me feel like nothing else in the world matters and I have two beautiful and sweet little boys who make my life complete. Getting older only gets better because of the love and friendships that you develop along the way. Life truly is a roller coaster, with so many ups and downs, twists and turns, and I must admit, I'm really starting to enjoy this ride.

Cheers everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! Much love, Jen, Mike, and Lucas.