Sunday, July 17, 2005

I'm melting.....

This heat is atrocious. It's making us all crabby and short-tempered. I guess I can at least be thankful that it's not humid.

It's not getting any easier putting Mason down to sleep at night. He just draws it out and no matter how hard we try to stick to a routine, it doesn't work. "more bookies, more songs, more dinner day..." Luckily he's so damn cute or we'd throttle him. We don't know what to do anymore. I guess we go back to sleep training him and letting him cry it out. After the second time we just go in there, put him back in his bed and don't say anything. It's so hard to listen to him scream though...and I'm sure the whole neighborhood thinks so too. But it's not like we can close the windows.

We got to hang out with our new neighbors yesterday and it was a lot of fun. We really like them and are excited that they are due to have a baby in August. We have been really lucky the last few places we've lived - we've had some fantastic neighbors and we've managed to stay friends with all of them. It's really great. I'm looking forward to living here even more now.

No comments: