Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sweet Sundays

I spend the week looking forward to Sundays. It is a day when a bunch of us get together and enjoy each other's company. We eat, we talk, we laugh and poke fun, and we do it in the most wonderful of environments. It is a safe and comfortable gathering of people, one in which I always feel like I fit in, always feel welcome and always feel accepted. 3 or more of the people Wolf has known most of his life and to me, that is amazing. I have moved so much in my life that I couldn't possibly remember any friends from when I was a child, although I do still have my best friend from high school, Molly, who has been a part of my life for 20 years this year (happy anniversary McKee).

We don't get together every Sunday and it isn't always the whole group, but we do have so much fun. Locations change, menus change and the weather changes, but never the love, support and sense of family that I get when I am with these people. They are such good people and I am so glad that my children will get to grow up around them, will get to learn from them and will hopefully get a sense of a large extended family that most of us these days don't have. I look forward to many more Sundays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I can't believe you're a Gemini! Me too! What sign is Wolf? Your comments about the Sunday thing are so beautiful. I have mixed feelings about it- sometimes it's great and super fun, sometimes I feel like I'm being attacked by Isaac's army of friends. ;) I also really related to what you said about girl babies last Sunday, I have terrors about having a girl because of what I call the burden of womanhood in this society. I really had a wonderful last Sunday and I can't thank you enough for providing such a loving and intimate space in which I feel so comfortable and so much part of the family. It really means a lot to me that no matter how ambivalent I feel about kids, Mason always feels comfortable around me, enough to cuddle up, and that is so touching. Seeing such a happy family, like you all and Bodhi and Jen, is a real inspiration to me- it's not just a fantasy, it's a real possibility (familial happiness). The point is, I thank you!
Love,
Carrie