Thursday, May 01, 2008

Mason's 5th Birthday

Today Mason Grey turned 5.
Wolf and I took the day off so that we could spend it with him. His Grandma Ginger and Grandpa Dave were here from Oregon and we all spent the day together. In the morning we opened presents and, as you can see by the pictures below, had a great time doing it. Then we took a walk to the dog park with Sadie, Grandma and Grandpa's dog, then we headed to the Farmer's Market. We took our time and enjoyed the perfect weather. Mason had a great time and simply glowed from all of the attention. Then we went home. We had planned on heading to the beach or doing something else but Mason was tired and just wanted to play with his new toys. So the rest of the afternoon was spent quietly hanging out at home.

Mason continues to amaze us every day. I am so proud of him that my heart is ready to burst. He is always asking questions, always learning, always having fun. He's beginning to read and I love watching his face light up with accomplishment. He loves to practice his writing and other than the occasional backwards "s" he is doing very well. We are at such a fun and exciting stage in is life and I look forward to every minute.

He will be starting Steve & Kate's camp in mid-June, which should be a great adventure for him and the kindergarten in the fall. I think he's a little nervous, as am I, but I know he will do beautifully.

We love you, Big Man, with all of our hearts.
Happy Birthday.





No comments: